For a list of the pets currently looking for a home, please
give us a call, or better yet stop by the store. Here are
some things you should to know about Petland pets:
- All Petland puppies and kittens have been checked by a
vet before being offered to customers.
- Trained Petland kennel technicians check the health of
our puppies and kittens every day and veterinarians check
them once a week. Weight, temperature and eating habits
are monitored and records are kept. Any inconsistencies
are noted and reported to consulting veterinarians who provide
- Petland stores participate in a puppy socialization program,
involving staff and customers interacting with our pets
to ensure their behavioral and socialization needs are met.
- Petland's custom-designed kennels are larger in all dimensions
than recommended by the United States Department of Agriculture.
Our kennels are designed to be easily disassembled and are
cleaned continuously each day.
- All Petland puppies and kittens go home with current vaccinations
and a health warranty. New pet owners are advised to take
their puppy or kitten to a veterinarian for an additional
- Petland store operators and our professional partners
use a number of pet registries, including the American Kennel
Club (AKC) and others.
- New owners of Petland puppies receive Pets for a LifetimeSM
Resource Kits. Each kit includes local canine resources,
dog training DVDs, coupons discounts on puppy care products
and unlimited consultation with certified canine behavior
specialists. All are made available by Petland to help assure
a successful transition for our pets and their new families.
- In addition to registerable pets, Petland stores offer
homeless pets and accidental litters of puppies and kittens.
Since it's beginning in 1967, Petland has initiated a number
of community service programs to deal with the issues of